Friday, February 19, 2010

Damning The Uppity Prompter

I must admit that I have been baffled by it. I have spent many hours trying to figure it out. Why would the Republicans object to President Obama’s use of a teleprompter? All news persons and politicians use a teleprompter. Last night I had an epiphany. It is not his use of this device that disturbs them. What they find so disturbing is the quality of the material he has placed in the teleprompter and his wonderful delivery of the text he reads. The problem is that his eloquence challenges the education of much of the Republican base. In private many Republicans call his eloquence uppity. In public they call it… What do they call it? Do you think Republican speakers would let me look at their teleprompters to refresh my recollection?

No comments:

Post a Comment