Wednesday, January 21, 2015

State Of The Union

President Obama's State of the Union Address was shown, the text was published, and the address was analyzed and re-analyzed until little if anything has been left unsaid. I shall therefore confine myself to my impressions of the reactions to his address. I was disappointed by what passed for Joni Ernst's rebuttal. I was expecting her to repeat some of the insane things she said during her senatorial campaign or to squeal like one of her pigs because President Obama tortured her with reason and logic.  Instead she plastered a smile on her face and soldiered on, whining about what she considered to be President Obama's misguided policies. I guess she favors the failed trickle down theory that crashed with the stock market in 1929 and crashed with the economy again in 2008. She also seems to prefer stand alone war to diplomacy and coalition building. Notice that I had to use words like “I guess” and “she seems.” This is because the only thing she discussed with any specificity was the Keystone Pipeline. In this respect she was little Joni one note, and even that note was not truly struck. Fortunately for her, the bar had been set so low that some people were making her sound like a genius for not falling on her butt. I understand that Ted, the Texas turd, Cruze was not so lucky. I heard something about him imploding; that must have been messy!

The lowlight of the evening came about when little Congressman Twit tweeted that a family could not live on a minimum wage of $10.10 an hour. Inexplicably, this caused MSNBC to invite him to appear on their show; where he promptly demonstrated how incredibly ignorant, illogical, and combative he is. I am sure that the people who were stupid enough to vote for this minor shill of the oligopoly thought “he done good,” which will undoubtedly make this his proudest moment.  All I can say to MSNBC is that when you hello up the elephant's ass you should not be terribly surprised by what comes out of it!

Alright I went Mencken! I could not help it. I have spent at least a decade wondering where H.L. Mencken was when we really needed him. If the Republicans can inflict on us the worst of the past, we should be able to inflict on them some of the best of the past!

1 comment:

  1. The only thing she used from her campaign was the bread bag story. Sorry Joni, but having to wear bread bags over your shoes does not justify screwing over people who work every bit as hard as your parents did!

    ReplyDelete